Re: Discovery API proposals: call for comments

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 17:05:29 +0200, Anssi Kostiainen
<anssi.kostiainen@nokia.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 11.10.2011, at 7.41, ext Bryan Sullivan wrote:
>
>> We should take care to ensure that the API is implementable in
>> JavaScript purely.
>
> As per the discussion during today's call, I added the following step to
> the API checklist: "the API should be implementable in pure JavaScript
> to allow shims for browsers that do not have native implementations":
>
>   http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/ApiCheckList
>
> Sometimes obeying this rule may not lead to the best possible design,
> thus "should". Feel free to embellish.

Of course not everything will be implementable in javascript. If that was
the case already, then why bothering writing a spec, we should be writing
a js library.
The concept I (we) are trying to push is that, when possible, a design
that allow an high level API to be designed on a small set of features
embedded into the browser is desirable.

--
Giuseppe Pascale
TV & Connected Devices