From: Robin Berjon [mailto:robin@berjon.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 5:41 PM
To: Deepanshu gautam
Cc: DAP
Subject: Re: Shelving "Device APIs Requirements"

On Nov 16, 2011, at 01:58 , Deepanshu gautam wrote:
> I don't see anything wrong in having a groups (DAP) requirements in one single document.

It is largely a matter of not having to republish it continuously; the less we have to synchronise on things that are not core functionality, the better off we are.

> But, anyway in this case I suggest to remove (expired??) this document completely not shelved. If shelved then it is creating confusion i.e requirement document is shelved bcz group thinks it is not needed whereas Messaging API is shelved bcz group is working on something else which works better.

The difference between the two situations is genuine, which is why I think that the warning/shelving message needs to be adapted to each situation. However we can't remove things from /TR/. These URIs are meant to be persistent in time. There are documents (outside of our control) that link to http://www.w3.org/TR/dap-api-reqs/. Those should not get a 404 (or even a 410), but are better served by getting an updated document that is self-describing as outdated.