W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > May 2011

Minutes 2011-05-11

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 16:33:53 +0200
Message-Id: <DA5C3E31-DFC5-4B43-AD53-05B3F9D542EC@berjon.com>
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
Hi all,

the HTML minutes can be found at:


and the text follows.


      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

          Device APIs and Policy Working Group Teleconference

11 May 2011


      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011May/0002.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2011/05/11-dap-irc


          AnssiK, dom, SungOK, darobin, +1.972.373.aaaa, Suresh,
          +, nwidell, Cathy_Chan, cmarc, Wonsuk,
          Sung-Ok_You, Anssi_Kostiainen, Dominique_Hazael-Massieux,
          Suresh_Chitturi, Cecile_Marc, Niklas_Widell

          Frederick, Hirsch




     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Welcome
         2. [6]Minutes approval
         3. [7]Network Connection
         4. [8]HTML Media Capture
         5. [9]Calendar
         6. [10]Other APIs
         7. [11]Action and Issue review
     * [12]Summary of Action Items

   <trackbot> Date: 11 May 2011

   <darobin> trackbot: prepare meeting

   <trackbot> Meeting: Device APIs and Policy Working Group

   <trackbot> Date: 11 May 2011

   <darobin> Chair: Robin Berjon

   <scribe> ScribeNick: AnssiK



   darobin: about f2f logistics

   <darobin> [13]registration

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/paris-2011/

   darobin: the reg form should be filled in by everyone, 4 replies so

   <darobin> ACTION: Robin to send out a reminder to register for f2f
   recorded in [14]http://www.w3.org/2011/05/11-dap-irc]

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2011/05/11-dap-irc

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-393 - Send out a reminder to register for
   f2f [on Robin Berjon - due 2011-05-18].


   darobin: announcements: 1) Battery Status Event FPWD published


   darobin: 2) PhoneGap has implemented the Capture API
   ... feel free to comment at will
   ... moratorium until May 24, so no publishing for couple of weeks

Minutes approval


   RESOLUTION: Minutes approved

Network Connection

   darobin: I made quite many updates to the doc
   ... but did not commit them to the CVS
   ... and killed the laptop, will fetch them from a backup and commit
   but it'll take some time due to unfortunate events

   Suresh: I have not yet done edits
   ... so that we don't need to resolve CVS conflicts manually

   nwidell: about the SSID
   ... there's a one use case for SSID: find if you're on your home

   <dom> (you could detect that by making an HTTP request to your home

   darobin: as dom notes, an HTTP request should do

   nwidell: we had the same use case for a JSR a few years ago
   ... but dom's proposal solved this

   darobin: there are privacy issues in exposing SSID, would need
   user's explicit concent, makes UX cumbersome
   ... another thing is that SSID may leak too much info, such as that
   you are at a specific airport

   nwidell: ok, I'm fine as it stands

   darobin: the issue is documented in the draft

HTML Media Capture

   dom: we started a thread with the HTML WG
   ... how to move forward with the capture attribute to see if any
   type of hint is useful
   ... no consensus yet


   <darobin> [15]feedback

     [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Apr/0096.html

   darobin: a number of feedback items from Mohamed
   ... anyone planning to bake these in the spec?

   Suresh: if richt is not planning to edit, I will
   ... I can take a look at the comments and work on them

   darobin: many of the comments are editorial in nature
   ... should not be a huge issue to address them
   ... helpful editorial comments, overall
   ... it would be good if you could take the ball on this so that
   richt can focus on Contacts

Other APIs

   darobin: any other API topics?

Action and Issue review

   <darobin> ACTION-352?

   <trackbot> ACTION-352 -- Robin Berjon to find out where <device>
   went -- due 2011-03-22 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [16]http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/352

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/352

   -conferencing-and-peer-to-peer-communication.html -> getUserMedia

     [17] http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/complete/video-conferencing-and-peer-to-peer-communication.html

   darobin: in the latest WHATWG draft there's getUserMedia()
   ... which essentially replaces <device> element
   ... it is a rather interesting thing to look at to contract against
   the Capture API

   <darobin> close ACTION-352

   <trackbot> ACTION-352 Find out where <device> went closed

   <darobin> close ACTION-354?

   <darobin> ACTION-354?

   <trackbot> ACTION-354 -- Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux to look for a new
   place for hosting ReSpec Issues -- due 2011-05-04 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/354

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/354

   <darobin> close ACTION-354

   <trackbot> ACTION-354 Look for a new place for hosting ReSpec Issues

   <darobin> [19]respec trac instance

     [19] http://code.w3.org/respec/

   darobin: for those who are interested, ReSpec.js now has a Trac
   ... there's an issue tracker and all the other usual Trac provided
   infra available
   ... end of agenda, anything else?
   ... thanks for attending, everyone!

   <nwidell> bye

   darobin: don't forget to register for f2f!

Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/
Received on Wednesday, 11 May 2011 14:34:18 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:32:28 UTC