Re: [Battery Status Event Specification] Editorial feedback

Hi,

On 28.6.2011, at 17.37, ext Josh Soref wrote:

> So, I'm starting to read this specification [1], partially with my earlier comments in mind, but mostly to understand the proposal. Offhand I don't believe this proposal is compatible with the needs that I described in my earlier comments [2].

Thanks for reviewing the spec. I've factored in your editorial comments, they're in the ED now.

The use cases described in [2] seem to be good candidates for the Battery Status Level 2 spec. The current spec is intentionally narrow in scope so that most UAs are able to implement all of it. A kind of a baseline to built upon.

(The scope of the spec was broader when we started, but we landed on the current narrower scope based on feedback.)

>> The body element exposes as event handler content attribute the onbatterystatus event handler of the Window object.
>
> <as event handler> doesn't work, one possible fix is this pair:
> s/as/an/
> s/attribute/attribute,/
>
> another might be:
> s/as/as an/

Fixed.

>> When a change in the battery status of the hosting device occurs as follows,
>> the user agent must dispatch a BatteryStatusEvent event on the Window [HTML5]
>> and WorkerGlobalScope [WEBWORKERS] objects:
>>   isPlugged changes its value, or
>>   level varies by a 1% or more
>
> This was too hard for me to read, I'd recommend restructuring the thing...
>
> The user agent must dispatch a BatteryStatusEvent event on the Window [HTML5] and WorkerGlobalScope [WEBWORKERS] objects when a change in the battery status of the hosting device occurs as follows:

Fixed.

>>   level varies by a 1% or more
>
> s/varies/changes/
> s/a 1% or more/at least 1%/