Re: What is "An API to manage application menus"?

Art

The use case is

1: exposing context menus 2: site specific menus [1], "promoting HTML5 menu to the chrome"

also see for use case and relationship to HTML5 http://paulrouget.com/e/nativecontrols/

[[
	• A webpage should be able to expose native controls to the UA
	• A webpage, if considered as a Web App, should be able to get rid of the URL / Back Forward Tool bar
	• A webpage should be able to expose controls to the context menu
]]

Does someone have details available to help clarify the relationship to HTML5 menu element?

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Mar/att-0089/minutes-2011-03-14.html#item02