Re: User Interaction API (was: Rechartering Device APIs & Policy Working Group)

Web notifications is not scoped for the functions I have listed. Its
scope is "This document defines an API for displaying simple
notifications to the user. For a broader overview of notifications,
including definitions and use cases, see Notifications Overview."

Use cases for vibration are not hard to find, e.g I have an event in
the app and want to alert these without making sounds or lights.
Use cases for lights are similarly easy, eg the app want to get the
user's attention without sound, or wants to improve the visibility of
the displayed content.
Use cases for sound-based notifications as well are not difficult to imagine.
All of these are important for accessibility.
Other more generic capabilities eg wallpaper are interesting as well,
but perhaps not to the level of the above.
UI chrome control is something supported by browsers etc today, but I
do not believe their is a standard for these aspects (at least not the
menu-related actions). Not having a standard makes it difficult to
design a cross-WRT app that can leverage those controls.