Re: Access to live/raw audio and video stream data from both local and remote sources

On 07/27/11 02:56, Rob Manson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry for posting across multiple groups, but I hope you'll see from my
> comments below that this is really needed.
>
> This is definitely not intended as criticism of any of the work going
> on.  It's intended as constructive feedback that hopefully provides
> clarification on a key use case and it's supporting requirements.
>
>          "Access to live/raw audio and video stream data from both local
>          and remote sources in a consistent way"
>
> I've spent quite a bit of time trying to follow a clear thread of
> requirements/solutions that provide API access to raw stream data (e.g.
> audio, video, etc.).  But I'm a bit concerned this is falling in the gap
> between the DAP and RTC WGs.  If this is not the case then please point
> me to the relevant docs and I'll happily get back in my box 8)
Quick status:

I've re-found the thread that says the DAP and WebRTC chairs will meet
to discuss the division of labor after Aug 17.
We're all in sync that we need a single interface to find, enumerate and
be granted access to devices, but the functions for capturing still
images may be in a different spec from the ones for capturing moving
images / streams.

So far, nobody seems to have written down a proposal that everyone
agrees is great, so "in progress" is the best we can say about it. The
<device> proposal seems to have no current supporters.

                       Harald