Re: [contacts] HTML Contact Sharing

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 11:26 AM, Nilsson, Claes1 <
Claes1.Nilsson@sonyericsson.com> wrote:

>  Hi Richard,
>

> Generally I like the idea of creating simple APIs based on HTML elements.
> As far as I understand your intention is to provide a simpler alternative
> for developers than the JS Contacts API. This HTML API will be usable for
> some use cases.
>

> Comparing with the Firefox demo implementation of the JS API I assume that
> the use case covered by the HTML Contact API is the “Use Contacts to
> Personalize This Page” case.

Right.

>  The “e-mail autocompletion” use cases wouldn’t be possible to implement
> with the “Device-element” as a “selector”-button is required. Correct?

Autocompletion is a feature of the implementation. It could be provided by a
UA on top of a page without the page itself needing to request this feature.
i.e. it doesn't need to be specified in an API IMO.

> Furthermore, in your example in Appendix A I miss user consent for
> approving the operation.

Consent is implicit. By selecting contacts to share consent is given in the
same way as uploading a file works in the file picker. If I don't want to
share I don't click to share or click cancel when the contacts UI widget
appears.

Thanks,

Rich