Re: feedback on The System Information API W3C Editor's Draft 05 May 2010

Max,

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Max Froumentin <maxfro@opera.com> wrote:
> On 10/05/2010 08:44, Innovimax SARL wrote:
>>
>> Hi Max,
>>
>> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Max Froumentin<maxfro@opera.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Mohamed,

>>> Because OpenOffice exports svg that doesn't render well in browsers. See
>>> http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/system-info/properties.svg
>>
>> Fair enough : Please find attached a bit ad hoc XSLT 1.0 stylesheet
>> that fixes most of the problems
>
> Added. Thanks.

>>> No, it's not always true. For instance, property AmbientLight (and all
>>> the
>>> other sensors) are based on interface Sensor.
>>
>> Uhm...indeed. Ok but there is certainly room for clarification here.
>> Dunno how for the moment.
>
> Perhaps it would be better to call interfaces and property something
> explicitely different? Like CPUInterface and CPU, respectively (or with
> better names)?

That seems to be a good direction. Probably, you should implement it
that way (XXX and XXXInterface) and let the people come up with better
naming strategy

>>> That's a mistake. I have fixed the example.

>>> I clearly haven't been keeping the examples up to date. Sorry about that.
>>> have corrected it to:
>>
>> Seems to be almost fixed, apart from the fact that connection is an array
>
> The example was still misleading, here it is again, hopefully fixed
> [[
> // Find if the current connection is WiFi, and if so monitor its signal
> strength
> navigator.system.get("Network",success,null);
>
> function success(network) {
>  var active = network.activeConnection;
>  if (active.type === active.TYPE_WIFI)
>    navigator.system.watch("Connection",{id:active.id},wifiWatchCB);
> }
>
> function wifiWatchCB(connection) {
>  document.getElementById(indicator, "Wireless "+connection.SSID+" at
> "+(connection.signalStrength*100)+"%");
> ]]

Now I understand it at it seem to work :-)

>>> Thanks.

>>> I have put H.264 and Theora for compression, and AVI and Ogg for
>>> container.
>>
>> Thanks: that really helps understanding

>>> Indeed! Help greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Will try to monitor this part again next time I'll visit it

>>> Good point. Would you like to offer a list of properties for each?
>>
>> I would really like, but I fear I've already given what I found very
>> quickly. Probably I18N will come up with more idea
>
> I've added a couple of interfaces: BrailleDevice and PrinterDevice

Great

Mohamed ZERGAOUI
--
Innovimax SARL