RE: ACTION-129: Expressing timezones in the Calendar API

Le jeudi 25 mars 2010 à 12:46 +0100, richard.tibbett@orange-ftgroup.com
a écrit :
> There is no way to manually override the timezone of this ECMA Date
> object and this is likely to cause issues to developers and implementors
> - if the 'tz' attribute is actually 'Pacific/Pago_Pago' but I'm creating
> the event from e.g. Europe then these objects conflict in their
> information.

I guess what we need is to extend Date in TimezonedDate rather than
making Date an attribute of the new interface.

interface TimezonedDate : Date {
  attribute DOMString? tz;
};

(obviously we would need to re-specify the stringifier of that new
interface)

Dom