Re: WICDA

Le vendredi 25 juin 2010 à 10:55 +0200, Robin Berjon a écrit :
> Very briefly, WICDA provides two things. One is a way of pointing at
> components in a Web IDL schema.
> The second thing that it provides are action sheets, that are
> essentially sequential lists of actions that can use component
> designators to modify Web IDL items.
>
> This is experimental, I'm not sure it's a good idea, not sure that
> it's useful, not sure that we want it, and if we do that we want it on
> Rec-track, but it was a quick hack to put together so I thought I'd
> give it a shot. Thoughts?

I think the Component designators are likely to be useful at some point;
I'm not yet convinced about the action sheets value, since it's not
obvious that editing/annotating the WebIDL as such will be useful in
practice — in other words, I can see usefulness in being able to
annotate a given WebIDL out of band, but whether these annotations
necessarily need to be bound to a WebIDL modification is not clear to
me.

Thanks for exploring that space, in any case!

Dom