Re: [contacts] PutForwards for complex contact attributes

Hi Richard,

Le lundi 21 décembre 2009 à 18:11 +0100,
richard.tibbett@orange-ftgroup.com a écrit :
> Looking in to the WebIDL documentation I see some value in using
> PutForwards [1] for Contacts API [2] 'complex' attributes.

I note that in the FPWD, PutForwards is applied to
        attribute ContactField[]   impps;
http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-contacts-api-20100121/#idl-def-ContactProperties

WebIDL notes that PutForwards can only be used on read-only attributes,
with an identifier that match a known attribute of a well-known type.

The IDL above thus breaks two rules:
• it's not applied to a readonly attribute
• ContactField[] doesn't have a "value" attribute so it can't be used
with PutForwards (ContactField does, but they aren't the same)

(I'm working on making the WebIDL checker detect these problems, FWIW)

Hope this helps,

Dom