Re: Devices as Virtual Web Services

Thanks for writing this up Robin.

So if I understand correctly, some of the possible issues with LRest
include

- the potential need for using a different protocol that isn't widely
used (Bayeux Comet protocol),

- use of a library to mask XMLHttpRequest details (is there open
source here?),

- some more slightly complex and careful coding required, potential
quality risk

- the need to create a URI scheme, probably opaque, and

- a performance cost of URI resolution.

- JSON definitions (an issue anyway, either approach?)

The benefit is the potential so support both widget and web cases and
allow pluggable authorization, though we still need to work through
the reality of that with an example.

Do you have a pointer to Stephen's proposal regarding database approach?

Thanks

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia