Re: Why aren't most devices virtual web services?

Still catching up. Answering out of order.

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 7:26 AM, Frederick Hirsch <
Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com> wrote:

> use of OAuth.

That was just an example of one approach to the inter-site authorization
problem. Others are CORS and UMP. As I said in the initial proposal, I don't
think this WG should try to pick a winner in this debate. They should just
position device APIs so that they can leverage whatever the winner is, by
recasting devices as RESTful GET/POST apis. By so doing, we reduce the
security issues to a previously unsolved problem ;).

--
   Cheers,
   --MarkM