Re: Hanging the APIs off navigator.device

Hi all,

On Jan 6, 2010, at 17:29 , Robin Berjon wrote:
> I think we should eliminate option (3) because it doesn't scale (if we produce a Unicorn spec, since unicorns graze too we'll have painted us into a corner).
>
> The more I think about (2) the less I like it. It makes for a huge device object that doesn't really make much sense as a whole.
>
> So I guess the question is how much we mind polluting navigator :) Personally, I don't mind much because it's not a space in which authors normally put stuff so the risks should be low. The downside is that we don't own navigator (the HTML WG does) but I guess we can ask for their review.
>
> So I'm going to go with (4), i.e. Doug's proposal which Max already indicated support for.
>
> Any other opinions?

You'll note that before expressing a relative preference, I wrote a few paragraphs explaining why. This isn't a vote people, your support for an option ought to be motivated (at the very least with "I support N because I agree with X")!

--
Robin Berjon
  robineko — hired gun, higher standards