Re: Messaging API Update

Hi Maria,

Le mardi 30 novembre 2010 à 17:46 +0100, María Ángeles Oteo a écrit :
> Messaging API has been updated according to the decision taken during last F2F.
> Comments are welcome

This looks overall very good, and very much in line with what we
discussing during the F2F, thanks. I'm hoping we can publish it as an
update to the current public draft soon.

A few comments:
* I don't think the "folder" property should be included in the *Message
interfaces, since it's not clear it would serve any useful purpose in
the "send" use case; if we need it for other operations, we should add
it then

* I'm not clear whether we need the id property either; is there any use
case you have in mind for it?

* the timestamp property should be only about "sent" time, and should
probably renamed to sent_time? It might also benefit from being turned
into a TZDate once we have a spec for that

* accountId in EmailProperties seems also to be out of scope for this
API

* the to field of the email address currently refers to the definition
of RFC 5322, which is quite a complicated beast to parse
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5322#page-16
While I can see the value of accepting these values in the createEmail()
function, I think the data exposed through the to[] property should be
objects (with e.g. address and name fields) rather than unparsed
strings. This would presumably also affect the from, cc and bcc
properties, and the relevant MMSProperties. I'm not sure if similar
treatments need to be applied to the MSIDN fields in SMS and MMS from
fields.

* there is an extraneous "." after the name of the "bcc" property in
EmailProperties

Dom