W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > August 2010

Regrets / sysinfo (was Re: Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-08-25)

From: James Salsman <jsalsman@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 06:54:20 -0700
Message-ID: <AANLkTinvqtYdZhCL93J1GoG1tLbG-f+uaxkBvjteBnw-@mail.gmail.com>
To: Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com
Cc: public-device-apis@w3.org
I regret I can't call in this morning.

Also, the changes to the sysinfo spec which were promised by mid-August --
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Jun/0174.html --
are still pending for the most part in both the diagram and the text.  It
looks like some of them have been done, but not all.

On Aug 24, 2010 11:51 AM, <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com> wrote:

Agenda — Device APIs and Policy Working Group — Distributed Meeting  #38

Meeting details at the bottom of this email.

1) Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection
• Note any additions or changes to agenda
• Select scribe: <http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/victims-list.html>

2) Announcements, meeting planning, logistics

2a) next F2F WG questionnaire and TPAC registration and information

WG questionnaire (for all), http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/tpac2010dap/

TPAC registration (for in-person attendees)

2b) March F2F questionnaire (Seoul, Korea)


3) Minutes approval

Approve 18 August minutes


4)  Device API Access Control Use Cases and Requirements

Editorial update completed


Additional comment


ACTION-242 Review and update policy requirements        Paddy Byers

proposed RESOLUTION: Publish updated WD of Device API Access Control Use
Cases and Requirements on 26 August 2010.

5) Device API Features and Capabilities

Updated, see

ACTION-218 Provide proposal for feature architecture text regarding web and
widgets cases for feature document  Paddy Byers

Next steps - Remove section 2 and publish FPWD

6) Privacy

Status update

ACTION-210 Summarize and add issues to ruleset doc      Alissa Cooper

7) Contacts

OMA CAB discussion

7a) liaison statement,

8)  Messaging API

email compatibility thread



9)  Capture

ACTION-251      Review privacy text related to ISSUE-78 for capture     John

10) SysInfo status

Outstanding editorial  and review items - planned completion mid august (see


Any other SysInfo discussion?

11) Other API status

12) Action and Issue review

12a) Pending actions - closed without discussion unless concern raised.

ACTION-254: Frederick Hirsch to Update policy requirement with proposal

ACTION-256: Frederick Hirsch to Update features to use strings for BONDI,
add text regarding features/capabilities

12b) Open Action review

Please review and note if these can be closed or note anticipated date of

ACTION-216 Reformulate gallery API to look like contacts API

12c) Open Issue Review

13) AOB

14) Adjourn

Meeting Details:

Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +, or +44.117.370.6152
Conference code: 3279 ("DAPW", or "EASY")
IRC channel: irc://irc.w3.org:6665/dap

Instructions on meetings : http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/#meetings

Attendance of WG members or at discretion of chairs.


regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Co-Chair, W3C DAP Working Group
Received on Wednesday, 25 August 2010 13:54:53 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 23 October 2017 14:53:45 UTC