Re: ISSUE-11: Gathering requirements [FileSystem API]

From: Arve Bersvendsen <arveb@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 15:10:18 +0100
To: arun@mozilla.com, "Robin Berjon" <robin@robineko.com>, "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
Cc: "Paddy Byers" <paddy.byers@gmail.com>, "Nilsson, Claes1" <Claes1.Nilsson@sonyericsson.com>, "Peter-Paul Koch" <pp.koch@gmail.com>
On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 13:29:10 +0100, Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com>
wrote:

> FWIW, there is a new editor's draft of the FileAPI:
>
> http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/FileAPI/
>
> Perhaps we can take as a design goal for the FileSystemAPI that it
> should extend the proposal above where necessary, and layer on top of it?

I would certainly hope we could rather have one unified specification,
instead of two separate proposals - the proposals that  have so far been
on the table for file system access in the context of ┬źDevice APIs┬╗ have
been complete efforts for file I/O, not including accessing the file
(stream) itself.

--
Arve Bersvendsen