Re: Updated requirements document

From: Philip Gladstone <pgladstone@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 14:17:46 -0400
To: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
CC: public-device-apis@w3.org
Hi

For the Camera (aka Capture) API, I would like to propose that the
requirement "MUST support continuous delivery of realtime audio and
video". The current API proposal only supports getting access to a
complete captured video (or audio) object. This does not permit a web
application to capture realtime video -- say as part of a video
conferencing application. It might be possible to do this by mapping the
viewfinder to a canvas, and then rapidly scraping the canvas, but, as
well as being extremely nasty, it doesn't solve the audio problem.

Philip

--
Philip Gladstone                    978-ZEN-TOAD (978-936-8623)
Cisco Systems, Inc                                  Boxboro, MA