Re: Editing specifications with ReSpec.js

Hi!

On Aug 6, 2009, at 12:57 , JOSE MANUEL CANTERA FONSECA wrote:
> As you say and having some experience with this selecting the format
> for writing the spec is very important and none of the existing
> formats are perfect. Particularly XMLSpec is evil :)

Indeed :)

> The idea of using HTML 5 as an authoring format and use scripting
> for generating the final content is interesting, but what would
> happen if the user has disabled scripting in the browser?

The scripting is only for the editor — it allows to edit bare-bones
HTML and see elaborate results immediately. That would also be the
format of Editors' Drafts stored in http://dev.w3.org/ but that's okay
as such drafts are only intended for well-informed audiences.

But when comes the time to make a formal publication to /TR/ one would
save the generated DOM to HTML (hit Alt+S while reading the
documentation or the test spec, you'll see options to generate that
appear). Right now it requires one step too many but as soon as we
have the File System API available in browsers it can be even easier :)

--
Robin Berjon
   robineko — setting new standards