Re: number of individuals who have commented on SHACL

Plus today’s post from Stephane Fellah making it 72.

Sandro,

I wonder if this number is considered large enough to serve as an evidence of a wide review?

While we could look for the various places to post about SHACL, it seems to me that the information about SHACL is already fairly widely known.

In addition to people who have participated through the mailing list, I know about two meetups that were focused on SHACL -one in DC about a year ago and a more recent one in Berlin hosted by Bayer. Also, Dimitris organized a workshop on SHACL during the Semantics 2016 conference in Leipzig. He could probably get a list of attendees or at least get a number. I was there and I think the room was pretty full with only 3 people among the attendees were the working group members.

There have also been some blog posts about SHACL by people outside of the working group who are considered to be “gurus” in the data modeling space and, thus, have relatively broad readership. For example:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/meet-shacl-next-owl-kurt-cagle <https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/meet-shacl-next-owl-kurt-cagle>
https://semanticarts.com/blog/rdf-shapes/ <https://semanticarts.com/blog/rdf-shapes/>

Having said this, I am all for marketing SHACL more through posts, presentations, raising awareness, etc. I am just not sure to what extent we have to do so in order to meet the “wide review” requirement.

Regards,

Irene