Re: shapes-ISSUE-192 (Are filters shapes?) - final questions

OK, here is what I think are the remaining questions about filter shapes:

 > If I have understood this sentence:
 >
 > Targets are ignored when a shape is processed as a value of
parameters of shape-based constraint components (i.e. sh:shape), logical
constraint components (i.e. sh:or), or filter shapes (sh:filterShape).

 > ... then I believe it can be said more clearly as:
 >
 > Targets MUST be ignored in the values of shape-based constraint
components (i.e. sh:shape), logical constraint components (i.e. sh:or),
or filter shapes (sh:filterShape).

 > ("values" might be said as "value nodes" to get across the graph
nature of that)

No this would not be correct. The key is the context. The targets are
only ignored if it is being *processed* as a value. A shape may also be
executed stand-alone, as an entry point into the validation.

*QUESTION 1: What does it mean for a target to be "processed" as a
value? It's the term "processed" here that is problematic. Perhaps an
example would help, and then we could tweak the language.

*QUESTION 2: Does "are" here mean "MUST"? (This is a question throughout
the document, actually, wherever "are" is used in this way. Perhaps we
can decide once for all.)

kc