Re: Introduction and SHACL implementation

On 9/11/2016 21:22, Nicky van Oorschot wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> My name is Nicky van Oorschot and I work for a company Netage.nl
> (Netherlands). Last week I joined the Data Shapes Working group.
> Our company has been working on linked data and the fire department
> for several years. We are also quite active in the Geospatial working
> group of the w3c.
> Why are we interested in Data shapes?
> In one of our projects we need something to describe the shape of data
> objects and test our data against this shape conditions. Exactly what
> data shapes can do. The draft is describes how to find violations of
> the data based on the data shapes, however we want to use data shapes
> also to find resources which comply to a specific shape.
>
> We could not find a library which fit our needs and to learn more
> about how data shapes really work we decided to do some implementation
> ourselves. We decided to do a small implementation of SHACL and use
> this implementation in our project. Because this implementation is
> used as a start it has not all features of the draft so far. But as a
> start it helps us a lot at this moment.
>
> Because it has been very recent work we have not open sourced the code
> yet, but we are planning to open source it. In this way we hope we can
> contribute to the data shapes community.
>
> We would like to know whether there is already a test suite for such
> implementations, so we can really improve it in a later stage?

The WG is not at a point yet where we have started an up-to-date test
repo. A while ago we merely discussed the format that we want to use.
Meanwhile, in case it helps, you may want to look at the tests at

     https://github.com/TopQuadrant/shacl/tree/master/src/test

the format of these tests is described here

     http://datashapes.org/testcases.html

(This is not the current draft for official tests or test format, but
it's close)

Holger