Re: type and instance and subclass in SHACL documents

I don't think that this helps at all.  In fact, all that it does is further
obfuscate the issue.  The issue is that the wording needs to be clear that in

  sh:shape rdf:type my:Shape .
  my:subClassOf rdfs:subPropertyOf rdfs:subClassOf.
  my:Shape my:subClassOf sh:Shape .

my:Shape is not a SHACL shape, but that in

  sh:shape rdf:type my:Shape .
  my:Shape rdfs:subClassOf sh:Shape .

it is.

There are many cases where the SHACL notion of subclass, instance, typing,
etc., diverges from the common definition of these notions.

peter