Re: type and instance and subclass in SHACL documents

On 3/11/16 11:43 AM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> Consider the following shape (using obvious prefix declarations)
>
> sh:propertyShape a sh:Shape ;
>   sh:scopeClass rdf:Property ;
>   sh:property [ sh:predicate rdfs:label ;
>                 sh:minCount 1 ] .
>
> The data graph (using obvious prefix declarations)
>
> rdfs:range ex:label "range" .
>
> validates against this shape under SHACL instance but not under RDFS instance.

Isn't this a problem with every vocabulary and not just RDFS? If the
rules of the vocabulary (such as domain and range) are not encoded as
such in SHACL then the SHACL result can be "in violation" of the
vocabulary definition.

Now, if that is the case then I understand that violating the foundation
vocabulary of RDF/RDFS may be more grave than violating a user-developed
vocabulary, and in some cases doing the latter may indeed be the
intention of the SHACL definition. So do we want to build into SHACL
that it must follow RDF/RDFS property and class definitions? And how
feasible is that?