Re: comments on SHACL 3 March editors draft

> Thanks for the feedback, Peter. I have tried to address it here:
>
> https://github.com/w3c/data-shapes/commit/def77377ebf992a7dcde23e5eff1c74187385bd0
>

> More inline...

[...]

>> The document doesn't actually use SPARQL 1.1 as the normative definition of
>> SHACL constraints and scopes.   What it does is intersperse SPARQL with
>> hasShape.  A cleaner statement is needed here to clarify the role of SPARQL
>> 1.1 in the semantics of the core of SHACL.
>
> I think this is already clear enough - sh:hasShape is mentioned explicitly. It
> didn't state that "only" SPARQL 1.1 is needed anywhere.

The document states

This specification uses parts of SPARQL 1.1 for the normative definition of
the semantics of the SHACL Core constraints and scopes.

not

This specification uses parts of SPARQL 1.1 *in* the normative definition of
the semantics of the SHACL Core constraints and scopes.

The wording in the document is too strong.

peter