Re: $variables

I have to agree with Karen. In fact, I will admit that I don't understand
what this sentence means:

A node scope with value $scopeNode, defines $scopeNode as the node
in-scope in the data graph.

Actually, I can't even quite parse this sentence. What's with that comma?
What's the subject of "defines"?

I do understand the following:

Node scopes are defined with the sh:scopeNode predicate. The values of
sh:scopeNode can be a IRIs or literals.

Although the "a" seems to be a typo.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Open Web Technologies -
IBM Cloud