Re: Anyone in support of CONSTRUCT constraints?

From: Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 18:01:57 +1000
To: public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org
On 3/25/2015 17:47, Jerven Tjalling Bolleman wrote:
> As a non WG member, I can only say I would very much miss the
> CONSTRUCT constraints. Mostly because they allowed us to really write
> nice error messages. But I would not mind seeing what happens in this
> regard with just SELECT.

This would become

SELECT ?message ...
WHERE {...

so nothing will change really - we'll use variable names instead. The
main things I see disappear would be
- multiple result values in the same sh:Error (e.g. multiple sh:value)
- how to create complex path expressions is unclear at this stage.

I am sure work-arounds to both cases exist, and I believe the overall
trade-off is hopefully negligible compared to the improved simplicity
and consistency.

Holger