Re: Implementations without SPARQL

Thanks for clarifying this. Could you further explain what data
structure you have in JSON? Are these the same objects that come in as
JSON-LD or is the plain JSON converted into some other API?

Also note that this question is not about whether the people creating
the constraints need to use SPARQL. The example you state could be
expressed using templates alone, e.g.

ex:MyClass
     a sh:Shape ;
     sh:property [
         # This constraint only applies if status = approved
         sh:scope [
             sh:property [
                 sh:predicate ex:status ;
                 sh:hasValue "approved" ;
             ]
         ] ;
         # Then asset is required
         sh:predicate ex:asset ;
         sh:minCount 1 ;
     ] ; ...

The question is entirely about whether a SPARQL engine could run in the
background for the above syntax, i.e. whether you have some kind of RDF
data model and API on the clients.

Thanks,
Holger