Re: Comments on draft #3

> On 3/24/15 4:18 AM, Karen Coyle wrote:
>> Holger, I do like those examples. They still need instance data.
>
> Instance data is present in "EXAMPLE 2: Sample Issue instances with
> resulting constraint violations" if you scroll a bit further down. Is
> this not clear enough?

I suggest using the form similar to that in the SPARQL 1.1 Query
language document, which has separate boxes for data and queries --
except in the SHACL document it should be data, SHACL constraint, and
results. However, I don't think we know exactly what format the results
will take, so for now that can just be text explaining the expected
result. I also think that sample data should be used, to the extent
possible, for every example.

>> In spite of this, the first audience described by Arthur is still not
>> served in this draft. You may not have a strong idea of how the
>> document should address that audience; if that's the case, then
>> perhaps some others of us could draw up some content for that section.
>> It shouldn't all be on you, after all!
>
> I'd be happy to receive input and diffs on any aspect of the document.
> Much of my prose is very brief, as I thought would be best for a formal
> specification. While we can certainly make it more readable for
> beginners, I don't see this becoming a tutorial (if that's what you are
> referring to).

No, I am indeed referring to the #1 section of Arthur's "division by
audience" email. Tutorials will still be useful, but that's not what is
being suggested.

kc