Re: xsd:anyURI syntax

The benefit is representational cleanliness.  The literals of type
xsd:anyURI are being turned into bits of SPARQL code, which are character
strings that are of the form of IRIs.

If you don't care about representational cleanliness then I don't expect
that you would see any loss using actual IRIs.

I prefer representational cleanliness, but there are many compromises that I
would be prepared to make to get to an agreement, and this would be one of them.

peter