Re: Comments on Draft

On 3/17/2015 13:59, Karen Coyle wrote:

> Now I'm going to ask a truly ignorant question: how will profiles
> interact with the selection of the "root" shape? I guess I'm asking if
> there is only one sh:root per profile. And if there's something
> obvious that I missed, I apologize. I may be getting outside my
> comfort zone here.

There is no notion of a root shape in SHACL. I believe ShEx has such a
concept.

A profile has no impact on validation at all. A profile can however be
used to exclude templates that are outside of a certain level of
expressiveness. For example, a simple scan through an RDF model could
verify whether any non-core templates are present, and then raise an
error message before validation can proceed. Engines could advertise the
profiles that they support via the URI of the corresponding sh:Profile.