Re: The NoSPARQL use case

Richard,

One interesting use case for a non-SPARQL implementation is to
validate input forms in a web browser using Javascript. This is
important for Linked Data POST and PUT operations. This would only
apply to constraints defined in the high-level vocabulary (occurs,
range, allowed values, etc.).

However, I still see SPARQL as playing a central role.

The semantics of the high-level vocabulary should be defined in terms
of SPARQL, which means that SPARQL can in fact be readily used as an
implementation.

There should be an extension mechanism that allows SPARQL as an
extension language. It should be possible to define SPARQL templates
so shape authors that do not know SPARQL can reuse the SPARQL
constraints. The high-level vocabulary should be implementable as
templates, i.e. the template mechanism should provide a seamless
extension mechanism.

-- Arthur