Re: On the inevitability of SPARQL/SPIN for SHAQL

On 3/3/15 8:01 AM, Irene Polikoff wrote:
> As far as the higher level language requirement, I agree with the
> previous email (I think it was either from Dean or from Peter) that
> there is a lack of consensus on what the requirement means and,
> subsequently, what would satisfy it.
>
> Quite a number of people believe that this requirement is addressed
> thoroughly by having a well thought out library of “core macros” with
> clear semantics.

Should we make this an issue so that we can clear it up?
- what does "higher" mean? higher than what?
- is the assumption that the higher level language is THE language of
the standard, or A language of the standard?
- Could a suite of macros satisfy this requirement?
- Could a set of core rules satisfy this requirement?