Re: Input and output

Hi!

> Do you think your group would like to get a copy of the API? We plan
> to make that open source (and I have prepared a github repository
> already), but I am hesitating to open this up while the spec is
> unstable and people waste time.

Currently, I'm using TopBraid 5.0 to mess around with some toy examples,
but I would definitely love to have an actual API to work with!!

cheers,
simon

---
DDipl.-Ing. Simon Steyskal
Institute for Information Business, WU Vienna

www: http://www.steyskal.info/  twitter: @simonsteys

Am 2015-07-11 03:54, schrieb Holger Knublauch:
> FWIW in our (Jena-based) implementation, the input is a Dataset and a
> shapes graph and the output is an RDF Graph containing instances of
> sh:Error, sh:Warning etc. If someone activates validation in TopBraid
> Composer, we also send the currently selected resource (as the focus
> node) to the engine, and only report the validation triggered by that.
> The UI then walks through the sh:Error objects and highlights the
> affected properties on the form, based on sh:subject, sh:predicate,
> sh:object.
>
> Do you think your group would like to get a copy of the API? We plan
> to make that open source (and I have prepared a github repository
> already), but I am hesitating to open this up while the spec is
> unstable and people waste time.
>
> Holger
>

> On 7/11/15 12:50 AM, Karen Coyle wrote:
>> Thanks, Peter, for the description. However, we were hoping for actual
>> examples. The TopBraid implementation uses forms for input and I don't
>> know if one can capture what the form actually sends to the SHACL code
>> or the raw output from that. But that's the kind of thing we're
>> looking for.
>>
>> kc
>>
>> On 7/9/15 10:51 AM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>>> My view is that SHACL validation takes two inputs
>>> 1/ a SHACL shapes graph
>>> 2/ an RDF data graph or dataset
>>>
>>> The output of SHACL validation is a set of constraint violations.
>>> http://w3c.github.io/data-shapes/shacl/#violations states that these
>>> can be
>>> encoded into an RDF graph and augmented with other information.
>>> Alternatively
>>> you could think of these as just the results of the top-level SPARQL
>>> queries
>>> corresponding to the shapes in the SHACL shapes graph.
>>>
>>> My test implementation of my proposal takes two URLs - for SPARQL
>>> endpoints
>>> for the shape and data graphs - and prints the violations (i.e., the