RE: Use Cases vs. User Stories

> I think there has been no consideration given to being buildable in
> short iterations, etc. Instead, it has been about informal stories as
> a way to explain and ground the requirements. Similarly, in my
> experience, people commonly use the term "use case" quite informally.
> In the informal sense, there is very little difference between a use
> case and a story.

+1

Nevertheless we might should stick to a similar approach as in the LDP
use case & req. document described in [1]. Their user stories are rather
informal stories of the form "XYZ wants to do ABC with JKL" and the
respective use cases try to "formalize" those stories as you already
pointed out.

Maybe we should start with the stories & requirements and leave the use
cases aside for now?

simon

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/ldp-ucr/

---
Dipl.-Ing. Simon Steyskal
Institute for Information Business, WU Vienna

www: http://www.steyskal.info/  twitter: @simonsteys