Re: User Stories wiki editing conflicts

From: Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 16:46:10 +1000
To: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>, Peter Patel-Schneider <pfpschneider@gmail.com>
CC: public-data-shapes-wg <public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org>
On 1/9/2015 16:22, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2015 6:41 AM, "Peter F. Patel-Schneider"
> <pfpschneider@gmail.com <mailto:pfpschneider@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> > It seems to me that overwriting two hours-apart edits could  only
> have been done by having the entire document out for editing for
> (those) hours.
>
> So it would seem, yet I made several edits 20 mins before and during
> the WG call so a two-hour window is hard to reconcile. Perhaps a cache
> problem on the first edit (though even that seems unlikely)?

A caching problem sounds plausible, because some of my own edits that
got lost were many days old, I believe even from before x-mas.

Please let us know if you see a simple way to revert this (I am not an
expert in the wiki system) or whether you want us to manually revert the
lost content (would require everyone to review the diff below).

https://www.w3.org/2014/data-shapes/wiki/index.php?title=User_Stories&curid=14&diff=707&oldid=706

If this turns out to be a caching problem, maybe a bug report to the
wiki maintainers would be in order.