Re: question about Shape Expressions

On 02/18/2015 07:46 PM, Jose Emilio Labra Gayo wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 2:30 AM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider
> <pfpschneider@gmail.com <mailto:pfpschneider@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> I've been looking again at Shape Expressions and have come up with some
> cases that may not be defined well.
>

> Consider the following simple RDF graph
>
> @prefix ex: <http://ex.com/> . ex:a ex:p ex:b . ex:b ex:p ex:a .
>
> and the following simple shape expressions
>
> PREFIX ex: <http://ex.com/> <R> { ex:p @<R> }
>

>> In this case, from my point of view, both ex:a, and ex:b conform to
>> shape <R>

Why?  Isn't it just as reasonable to say that they both don't conform to
<R>?  Where in the definition of Shape Expressions is this supported?

> <S> { ( ex:p @<S> | ex:p @<T> ) } <T> { ( ex:p @<S> | ex:p @<T> ) }
>

>> In this case, there are some alternatives. If you start by node ex:a,
>> then the system can match with the following typing
>
>> ex:a  -> <S>, ex:b -> <S>

But then ex:a should belong to <T>!  It matches the requirements for
belonging to <T>, doesn't it?

>> or
>
>> ex:a  -> <S>, ex:b -> <S>, <T>

But then ex:a should not belong to <S>!  It doesn't match the requirements
for belonging to <T>, doesn't it?

>> or
>
>> ex:a  -> <S>, ex:b -> <S>, <T>

Isn't this the same as your previous solution?  I guess you meant to say
that ex:a was in both <S> and <T>.  But then ex:a shouldn't be in either <s>
or <T>.