Re: Two Standards ?

Harold,
  Indeed, I don't think we want a trivial implementation in RDF.
  In our HyQUE project [1], we capture scientific hypotheses (and their
parts) by instantiating an OWL ontology, and use SPIN to define data
retrieval and evaluation rules, and represent the results of the evaluation
in RDF along with the links to the data and evidence used. I can use SPARQL
to query for the evidence linked to any part of the hypothesis, and
retrieve the linked data.
  I want the same granularity for constraints. I'd like to compose a new
shape by mixing shared constraints, and make that freely available for
other to use and to validate with. I want people to who make derivatives to
indicate how they did so using the provenance ontology, for instance, and
so that we have an audit of shape evolution.

m.

[1] http://hyque.semanticscience.org/

Michel Dumontier, PhD
Associate Professor of Medicine (Biomedical Informatics)
Stanford University
http://dumontierlab.com

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 2:18 PM, Solbrig, Harold R. <Solbrig.Harold@mayo.edu