Re: using classes to control constraints

Peter,

Could you clarify this more? I don't see the contrast you are trying to
communicate and I am not sure what you mean by "recognized".

Class membership is asserted. However, it can also be inferred which I am
interpreting the same as "recognized".

I don't think membership in the shape is recognized if by "recognized" you
mean that there is some computational process that decides whether
something is a member of a shape or not. It is asserted in a sense that a
statement is made about the membership.

In the end, however, they both have members.

Irene