Re: Language Tags Requirement

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 12:45 AM, Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com>
wrote:

>  Sorry, Jose, for possibly appearing pedantic, but this is not how I
> understood the vote that took place yesterday. I thought the vote was about
> splitting the requirement into two, and then vote on the spawned off
> requirement separately. As defined right now, I have no idea what this
> requirement is supposed to do, and I would prefer a better definition.
>
> Does it mean that the high-level vocabulary shall include something like
>
> ex:MyGermanAddressShape
>     sh:property [
>         sh:predicate ex:strasse ;
>         sh:lang "de"
>     ] .
>
> and then all values of ex:strasse must carry the language tag "de"?

Yes, I would expect something like that.

> If so, is this a common enough use case that needs to go into the Core
> vocab?

Let's keep in mind that the Core is expected to be supported by a wide
> array of tools. I see no technical problems supporting this, yet I wonder
> where to draw the line, or whether such things should rather go into some
> extension library of Core. For example the requirement that there should be
> no two values with the same language tag appears to me much more common.

The requirement does not talk about core vocab because there is no such a
thing at this moment. I prefer to talk about SHACL high level language and
I prefer that high level language to be the more expressive that we can so
the constraints expressed with it can be compatible between
implementations.

The separation in two requirements was suggested by Richard saying that the
former could be considered a simple constraint while the latter could be
considered a complex constraint. I think if we have approved the whole
requirement, I see no reason why we should not approve the requirement
divided in two parts.

AFAIK, at this moment we are not talking about how to implement those
requirements.

Best regards, Jose Labra

--
-- Jose Labra