Re: shapes-ISSUE-27 (extensions-in-highlevel): Can extension constraints be used in the high-level language? [SHACL Spec]

Arthur,

> On 2 Apr 2015, at 20:51, Arthur Ryman <arthur.ryman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My expectation is that extensions are packaged in a seamless way so
> you can use them without being exposed to their implementation.
> However, that is not the same as being part of the high-level
> language. My view is that the high-level language is a fixed set of
> constraints defined by the WG.

So you are saying that things like this should be impossible?

  MyShape =
     (propertyA maxOccurs 1)
     OR
     ((propertyB maxOccurs 1) AND (propertyB meets FooExtensionConstraint))

I’d argue that seamless packaging of extension constraints would *require* that they can be used just like the built-in constructs of the high-level language.

Best,
Richard