Re: shapes as classes

ericw3c@gmail.com wrote on 12/18/2014 01:44:15 PM:

> > Yes, this means that OSLC resource shapes can only describe OO-like
> > connected graphs. That is a limitation which I pointed out in [1]. I
hope
> > this WG will define a spec that can handle disconnected graphs.
> What are some examples of when this is needed?
> > [1] http://www.w3.org/Submission/shapes/#disconnected-graphs

Eric,

I provided a user story to illustrate a real-world example of a
disconnected graph [1]. This example is written in JSON-LD. The designer
of this resource made the point that we need to appeal to the new wave of
developers who have adopted JSON for data interchange. Those developers
want simple, uncluttered formats. The original design used plain old JSON.
I advocated for the use of JSON-LD by demonstrating that it didn't require
too much extra clutter. Adding explicit links between the
acc:AccessContexList node and the acc:AccessContext nodes would make the
graph connected, but those nodes are already implicitly related by virtue
of being in the same graph, so why add the clutter?

[1]
https://www.w3.org/2014/data-shapes/wiki/User_Stories#S35:_Describe_disconnected_graphs