Re: shapes as classes

The work on ensembles pre-dates RDF/OWL. I am not saying that an ensemble is what a shape is, I am saying that an ensemble type is a type of shape. And you are correct, there was no concept in the work done at this time on formalizing an ensemble type. Note that I prefer to say ‘type’ as opposed to ‘class’, especially when I know there is also the notion of ‘type classes’ in some functional programming languages (:-)).

I referred to ensembles simply because I think that they are related to some of the stories we have.

Ralph
rhodgson@topquadrant.com