Re: n3 grammar : ambiguity for integer and decimal

Luc,

> There is no problems with "@is", "@of", and "@a"

and I think that is why Tim and Dan in
http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/n3/#keywords
say that

[[
The grammar is written as without reference to the keywords system at all,
on the assumption that the string has been preprocessed by a keyword
processor
to put a "@" on all keywords and a ":" on all qnames in the default
namespace.
]]

Kind regards,

Jos De Roo | Agfa HealthCare
Senior Researcher | HE/Advanced Clinical Applications Research
T  +32 3444 7618
 http://www.agfa.com/w3c/jdroo/

Quadrat NV, Kortrijksesteenweg 157, 9830 Sint-Martens-Latem, Belgium
http://www.agfa.com/healthcare

"luc peuvrier at home" <lc.pvrr@orange.fr>
Sent by: public-cwm-talk-request@w3.org
02/21/2009 05:56 PM

"Tim Berners-Lee" <timbl@w3.org>
cc
Jos De Roo/AMDUS/AGFA@AGFA, "cwm talk" <public-cwm-talk@w3.org>, "DIG
group" <diggers@csail.mit.edu>, "Yosi Scharf" <syosi@mit.edu>, "++jean
marc vanel" <jeanmarc.vanel@gmail.com>
Subject
Re: n3 grammar : ambiguity for integer and decimal

Tim,

Thank you to take care of my spot.

An other ambiguity I discovered writing n3 parser that I did not
mentionned is about "is" "of" and "a" keyword.
There is no problems with "@is", "@of", and "@a" since the @ make able to
distinguish to a qname, it is not the case with "is" "of" and "a" keyword
because it also match qname non terminal.

I have this since I have the following rules not in n3 grammar:
verb <- ( "is" | "@is" ) expression ( "of" | "@of" )

for the entry  " :jmv is :guru of :luc ."

it match at the same time

simpleStatement

  subject propertylist
  |       |
  |       verb object objecttail propertylisttail
  |       |    |      |          |
  |       |    |      void       void
:jmv      is   :guru

and

simpleStatement

  subject propertylist
  |       |
  |       verb                  object objecttail propertylisttail
  |       |                     |      |          |
  |       "is" expression "of"  |      |          |
:jmv      is   :guru      of    :luc   void       void

so there is a shift/reduce conflict between
verb <- expression
and
verb <- is expression of

this can be solve saying qname can not have the value "is" "of"

Best regards
Luc Peuvrier