Re: existential variables

The actual syntax is @forAll and @forSome (for several years now,
though cwm accepts the old form).

The
There is an explanation of the semantics
http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/N3Logic

An excerpt:

Any formula,  (including the root formula), may have a set of
universal variables.  These are indicated by  @forall  declarations.
The scope of the @forAll is outside the scope of any @forSome.

If both universal and existential quantification are specified for
the same context, then the scope of the universal quantification is
outside the scope of the existentials:

{ @forAll <#h>. @forSome <#g>. <#g> <#loves> <#h> }.
means

Does this help?