Re: N3 media-type in SPARQL protocol

Hmmm... adding to unregistered MIME types in-the-wild?  If this were a URI
scheme, I think some folks here would complain.  I suggest submitting a
MIME-type registration if going this way.  Also, since N3 isn't intended to
be a widespread interchange format (is it?), wouldn't application/vnd.w3.n3
be better?

By the way, from my recollection of the discussions, the adoption of
<foo>+xml for MIME types was a one-off for XML, recognizing XML's
preeminent role as a meta-format for defining new content types.  I don't
think n3 can make any such claim, so the suggestive use of rdf+n3 would be
misleading in that respect.  I suggest sticking to n3.

#g
--

At 15:32 16/01/05 -0500, Dan Brickley wrote:

>Hi. Nice to see
>http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-rdf-sparql-protocol-20050114
>out and about :)
>
>Just one brief and boring comment now while I remember:
>
>"text/n3" should probably be "application/rdf+n3"
>or "application/n3". Googling for these, it seems both
>are in various codebases. Perhaps having a conneg-happy
>protocol spec out there will motivate some concensus
>(and a media type registration) in the N3 scene? CC:'ing timbl...
>(text/n3 is worse due to UTF-8 vs ASCII issues). Ah,
>Tim says "text/rdf+n3" is also in use. Hmm. I'm going to hit
>"send" on this mail anyways, to flag the issue!
>
>cheers,
>
>Dan
>
>ps. typos in 2.2:
>"Accept-Chareset" -> "Accept-Charset"