Re: question about Customer Experience Digital Data Layout 1.0

Andrew,

A data layer is really just a JavaScript object. As such, you only need to
avoid using property names that are reserved by the JavaScript language.
This is a good list of reserved terms:
http://www.w3schools.com/js/js_reserved.asp.

In JavaScript, variables can accept any content type. So, even if a PDF
somewhere says that a property should be a string, that PDF can't stop you
from putting an integer into that variable. The data layer spec exists to
help you think through the data you need to collect and to organize it in
the page or app code. If an integer is more appropriate in your situation,
then record an integer. Just try to be clear and consistent with your data
layer implementation.

Hope this helps,

Matt Alexander
*Principal Consultant* | WebHue | 407-247-8927 | matt@webhue.com