Re: Media type registration of "application/csvm+json"

Thanks Yakov. I have reproduced your mail in our issue list:

https://github.com/w3c/csvw/issues/316

because the group has become really github issue driven, so I wanted to make it sure that this will not be forgotten

Cheers

Ivan

> On 07 Mar 2015, at 23:07 , Yakov Shafranovich <yakov-ietf@shaftek.org> wrote:
>
> Just a few comments on this as it appears in this document:
>
> http://w3c.github.io/csvw/metadata/#iana-considerations
>
> 1. "This section has not yet been submitted to the IESG for review,
> approval, and registration with IANA."
>
> As per RFC 6838, section 3.1, "requests made by other recognized
> standards organizations will be reviewed by the Designated Expert".
> The correct text would be:
>
> "This section has not yet been submitted to IANA for review, approval
> and registration"
>
> 2. "Security considerations:" - I would add:
>
> "of this specification"
>
> 3. "Applications that use this media type"
>
> I think the intent here is not to what is using this today but what
> applications will be using this.
>
> 4. Magic number(s): - I think that magic numbers are specific binary
> strings, what we are describing may be too vague.
>
> 5. "Person & email address to contact for further information:"
>
> Should that be a W3C contact? If this specification is a W3C spec,
> then there should remain a point of contact at the W3C even once this
> working group disbands. This way, someone looking at the IANA
> registration would know where to go.
>
> 6. "Interoperability considerations:".
>
> I am not sure if this is the best place to put this but we may want to
> mention that this format is not the same as the existing "text/csv"
> and "text/tab-delimited-values" mediatypes.
>
> Thanks,
> Yakov

----
Ivan Herman, W3C