Re: Reflection on the special telco of CSVW - more details on Alternative 2.5

On 10 September 2014 08:58, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> As a followup on my previous mail...
>
> I wanted to see whether it is complicated to implement a very simple template (Alternative 2.5 in [1]) using existing tools, ie, to make it quickly available, with some extra work, to the community at large. I think the answer is yes;

Personal opinion: I think the answer is 'yes' too, after some similar
experimentation and talking to a bunch of people. I believe we have a
very good chance of doing substantially better than 100% mechanistic
mappings, roughly around the level of Mustache ("Logic-less", but with
simple conditionals) with some regex pre-processing and a few
W3C-oriented supporting functions.

I believe there is also a very good chance that a *simple* technology
like this will be picked up by search engines as a way of getting
graph-oriented data (schema.org and suchlike). But I also believe that
we could find this effort bedevilled by creeping complexity and that
there's some risk it might not make it to W3C REC. It's worth trying
though!

</opinion>

Dan